Celebration is Life's Frosting!

Celebration is Life's Frosting!

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Purse Handles

I'm making a purse cake for this weeekend.
Actually, I'm making a much bigger cake than that,
but the plan also includes a purse cake.
I'm very excited and nervous about it.

I've googled "How to make a purse cakes"
I only got 11,400,000 matches:)
Obviously, I didn't check them all out,
but it felt like it!

Origonly, I thought that I would make Two eight inch round pans.
Cut the bottom off,
glue the sides together with buttercream
and stand up.

As much as I liked this idea,
what I went with is baking two loaf pans.
I will stack them, shape them, and I think they will be much more sturdy.

Now, earlier in the week I started my preperation.
I made 2 purse handles out of fondant.
They looked good, 
but this was a big mistake to make them out of fondant.
As they did not harden enough and broke.

Ooops.
Luckily,  I made them with a little time to spare.
What I did is made another set
(the Heir and the spare)
I made them out of fondant again,
but this time I added Tylose  Powder to it.
Then I put them on a cookie tray to dry.
Put the tray in the oven with the light on.
DO NOT TURN THE OVEN ON!.

They dried so nicely and I can't wait t carve the cake today.


Life is short
Eat Dessert First!

No comments:

Post a Comment