Celebration is Life's Frosting!

Celebration is Life's Frosting!

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Who doesn't love the Wii??

What gamer would not love a Wii birthday cake?
None that I know!



The only question I was asked when this cake was finished....
Where is the TV to play it on?
Come on!!

This was another fun cake to make, 
although it did require some engineering to get it done.
First, I had to calculate how tall and wide the console needed to be.
The finished product
3 inches wide
9 inches long
8 inches tall sloping to 7 1/2 inches

To get the required height, I cut and stacked 2 two layer cakes plated and cut to size.
These cakes were covered in vanilla fondant.
I do think that next time, I may cover them in white modeling chocolate for extra strength.
Over all, I am very pleased with this cake.

Life is short
Eat dessert first!!

No comments:

Post a Comment