Celebration is Life's Frosting!

Celebration is Life's Frosting!

Friday, September 2, 2011

Rubber Duckie Your the One

I made a very simple baby shower cake.    Per the request, I used baby rubber duckies on the cake.   This was a fun cake to make.  It was for a small shower, so they only needed an 8 inch round cake which was perfect for the design I used.

After I leveled the cake and dirty iced it, I wrapped it in modelling chocolate that I made to look like wood planks.  I then added blue icing for the water.   After placing the ducks on the cake, I made a bar of soap out of fondant.   Then added fondant bubbles that I used white sparkle dust on.   For the border, I added white buttercream bubbles as well as adding some on the cake.   Put some more white sparkles on the waves in the water and a perfect baby shower cake!

Life is short!
Eat Dessert First!

No comments:

Post a Comment