Celebration is Life's Frosting!

Celebration is Life's Frosting!

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Color Flow Cake Topper

I was asked to make a cake., I know.
The upcoming cake will be a Chicago Blackhawks Jersey.
Be on the look out for it in the next few weeks.
Anyway, I wasn't sure how I was going to make the logo for the jersey.
At first I was thinking maybe, a buttercream transfer.
Then I thought about it and realized that I was going to be covering the cake in fondant, so that was not an option. 
I then settled on a Color Flow topper.
I've never made one before, so here I went.
I've learned a few things along the way too.

  1. Make sure your image is the right size to copy.   It is easier to work with if it's a bigger image.
  2. Make sure that your icing is the right consistency.   Use a thicker icing for the outline and border, but then make sure to thin it to fill in the center.
  3. Allow to dry in between colors.   (I did this - definitely need to allow for time to make and harden)
  4.  Use the right tip for the job - tip one for the finer details, tip 3 for border and to fill in colors
Here are the visuals.




Enjoy!

Life is short,
Eat dessert first!

No comments:

Post a Comment